Saturday, June 23, 2012

Random Tea Thoughts

* Several months ago, a few of my friends and I had this plan to build a business. The idea of owning a business did not thrill me, but it's the idea that I can do something else and money just comes in. I have this plan of studying full-time and a business will take care of the pending financial concerns. The business has yet to materialize. The initial plan was for a milk tea business. With shops growing out of nowhere and puns of the word "tea" nears exhaustion, I guess we have to rethink things through.

* After drinking three different regular black milk teas from three different establishments, I can honestly say that my friend's personal concoction, from nearly three years ago, is still the best. We should have started the business right then.

* Yesterday marks the first time I got to spend for my own milk tea. The first three instances were all generously paid for by friends. Even yesterday's purchase was not fully mine. I am not that fond of milk tea.



* While milk tea is the most prominent product, I prefer regular black iced tea. The best I tasted so far is Assam Black Tea of Cha Dao, with light sweetness. Runner-up would be Moon Leaf's Wintermelon Black Tea, but I found it too sweet. When it comes to food or drink, I usually order the same thing during repeat visits.

* Personal Top Three Iced Tea Rankings, from fastfood establishments: (1) Libertea of ArmyNavy, (2) Wendy's Iced Tea and (3) The Chocolate Kiss' Bottomless Iced Tea

* Last night, over tea, two of my jobless yet very gifted friends (a poet and a musician) played around the idea of having a band. It will not be a usual band, more like a rap/poet band. I highly supported their endeavor and would like to see this realized. An enhancement on the business plan would most likely include having this "band" play every week. It would also be nice if they will play during my wake.

ADDITIONS: (Jul 24)

* I will frequent Teaology more often now because of their Lemon Black Tea (below). And because I consider their name as the best use of the "tea" pun.




* Confession: I think I am experiencing an infatuation with iced black tea.
Black Teas I've tried: Cha Dao, Gong Cha, Teology (with Lemon, it's the best), Universitea, Moon Leaf (with Winter Melon)

5 comments:

  1. RG, you should try Starbucks' English Breakfast iced tea with 1 pump strawberry syrup in grande or venti (not tall bc the strawberry syrup will be too strong). ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a fan of strawberry, but I'll try that. Are there other flavor options? :)

      Delete
  2. What I like about the added strawberry flavor is the texture it brings to the tea--ung small seeds na parang may strawberry flesh pa. Other options, wala ako maisip pa. Will let you know if I discover a tea drink worth trying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serenitea's Tropical Storm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah, thanks for the suggestions. :)

    ReplyDelete